|Release:||31 - 12 - 2020|
|Playstore:||Not available on Google Play Store|
|Requirements:||Android with an active Internet connectivity.|
Download APK File
Click below to download the app.
App Details & Guide
YouTube Vanced is a third-party but trustworthy YouTube client apk with a handful of interesting features that are usually missing in the stock YouTube app and some are not even allowed. Especially some advanced features like background playback, blocking advertisements and blocking sponsored content from within the YouTube video.
YouTube Vanced is actually a modded version of the original YouTube app and has been in active development since 2018. And without any doubt, it is one of a few YouTube clients that have managed to keep up with the constant updates and evolution of the video industry and provided us with the handy YouTube app.
How to Install YouTube Vanced?
Here is a quick guide on how to download and install YouTube Vanced mod apk on your Android devices:
NOTE: Previously, there was a requirement to download different apks and select the right version according to your device. But with the release of the latest version, all you need is a single apk. It’s simplified now.
- Download YouTube Vanced Manager apk from this page directly on to your Android device.
- Open file manager, go to the Downloads folder and install the Vanced Manager app.
- Launch Vanced Manager and tap on the Install button next to the YouTube Vanced.
- Give required permissions and YouTube Vanced would be installed automatically.
- Install Vanced MicroG from within the Vanced Manager, if not installed already.
- Log in using your Google account details on MicroG.
- Once done, you can begin using YouTube Vanced.
Features of YouTube Vanced
Even though I have already mentioned quite a lot of features that are being offered by YouTube Vanced apk, but still I haven’t talked about that feature in detail, which I believe is necessary to understand how that specific feature works and how you can make the most out of it.
Here are all the features:
- AMOLED Dark Mode – Aimed at devices with AMOLED or OLED display type, enabling this mode saves a significant amount of battery life while at the same time causes less strain on the eyes and makes it easier for you to scroll through comments and YouTube feeds without getting blind by the harsh all-white background.
- Block Video Ads – Gives you the ability to block all the video advertisements whether it is in between the YouTube video, at the beginning of the video, or shown in the feed. Enabling the ad-blocking feature will block ads throughout the app, and yes, you can disable ad-blocking too if you want to support your favorite channel.
- Background Playback – Supports background playback even when the screen is off. And the interesting fact about this feature is that once you are in the background playback mode, the app will only stream audio, which means all the content that is streamed in the background playback mode will consume less data.
- Picture-In-Picture (PiP) Mode – Although the option is supported on Android 8.0 Oreo and the latest versions only, it is an interesting feature as it allows you to use other apps on your phone while you continue to enjoy the video in the Picture-in-Picture (PiP) mode.
- Swipe Gesture To Control Brightness And Volume – Once enabled, you can increase/decrease brightness and volume with just swipe gestures. If you have ever used video player apps (like MX Player or VLC Player) on Android, then you must be aware of swipe gestures and how they actually work.
- Auto Repeat – Gives you a toggle button on top of the currently playing video that lets you enable or disable the auto-repeat function with just a tap. A very handy feature for music listeners who wants to listen to their favorite music on YouTube on loop without hitting the play button repeatedly.
- Force Default Video Resolution – Available under Advanced Settings, the option allows you to set any resolution as a default for your phone, even if that resolution is not compatible with your Android device including 1080p Full HD and 4k UHD.
Why do I need to install a microG app?
Many of our readers ask us why we need to install microG on our device. The reason is to be able to login with your Google account and sync music, history, and settings with the modded YouTube app, you need a Vanced MicroG app.
About YouTube Vanced
First released during the first quarter of 2018, YouTube Vanced apk along with the awesome development Team Vanced behind it has been providing us with great features and functionalities. Which includes all types of ad blocking, background playback support for any video whether it is music or a regular video, casting support, swipe gesture support to control brightness and volume, and a toggle switch to enable/disable repeat.
The overall interface is so well designed and polished that you won’t be able to differentiate if you are using the original YouTube app or the modded version.
Apart from the features I have highlighted above, there are some advanced features too, which includes black mode/white mode theme, AMOLED theme, codec support for VP9 or HDR, ability to force the app to play videos in your specified resolution or playback speed, PiP (Picture-in-Picture) support, and support for the pinch-to-zoom gesture on all Android devices.
Even though YouTube Vanced is offering us all those remarkable and extraordinary features for free, however, you can still not call it YouTube Premium due to the fact that it does not allow you to download videos for offline playback, very much similar to the original YouTube app. And I believe this is the reason why the app is still widely available with an ever-increasing user base, without being blocked by the officials.
An interesting fact of the Vanced YouTube app is that whenever the official YouTube app receives an update, the Team Vanced also releases an update so that they can keep up with the bug fixes, improvements along the addition of new features. Another interesting fact is that any feature that is removed by YouTube in their app due to whatever reason, although it has been very helpful, Team Vanced make sure to bring that feature back in their latest version of the app.