We all use the same phone number for professional and personal use. It’s because it’s relatively tedious to manage two different phones or different SIM cards simultaneously. Lucky for you, the TextNow app offers convenience by featuring a cloud-based phone carrier. It means it can handle all your 2G, 3G, and 4G calls on the Wi-Fi network, allowing you to lower your cellular bill.
Released in 2009, it was essentially a Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) app. However, it has now expanded into a mobile virtual network operator (MNVO). When you download this app, TextNow provides you with a series of numbers to choose from so that you can call and text all your friends, available on the TextNow app.
How to Use
After downloading the TextNow app, you need to sign up for a TextNow account by providing an email address and area code. You can make free phone calls only after a successful signup process. There is a dial icon on the left side of the new message icon. Click on it to launch the dial pad. The good news is that you can earn free credits when you make phone calls. You can see your credits in the credits section.
- Zero Charges – There are no charges for signing up on the app and selecting a unique and secured local phone number. You can enjoy unlimited free calls, texts and receive and send voice calls.
- Multiple Device Option – You can call and send a message on your tablet while checking your phone as well.
- Ringtone – You can select specific ringtones, vibrations, and alerts for a specific incoming number, such as different ring tones for family and colleagues to distinguish between them easily.
- Background – You can set personalized backgrounds, wallpaper, and photographs for different contacts.
- Conference Calls and Call Forwarding – You can arrange conference calls and adding multiple people simultaneously. Furthermore, you can also enable call forwarding to re-direct calls to another number.
- Security – You can put a passcode on messages to keep them secure.
- File-Sharing – Lucky for you, you can send pictures, files, and other media files.
Around 100 million people use the TextNow app daily to enjoy free calls and texts. The free version contains ads; however, you can opt for its affordable ad-free plans. Furthermore, you can also subscribe to TextNow cellular plans if you wish to make calls without WiFi. You can enjoy low-cost International calls to more than 230 countries. Additionally, you can also add a secondary business number by selecting an area code of your choice.
There isn’t any expiration date of your selected number; however, TextNow recommends that users make an outgoing call or even a text with their TextNow number every two days. It means you should stay active on TextNow to retain your number.