If you are looking for a fast, user-friendly browser for your Android phone, we’ve got great news for you. Developed by a Chinese company UCWeb, the UC Browser comes with an intuitive interface with convenient downloading and sharing. It incorporates both Desktop and Night modes and other functionalities of Internet security, memory-saving, smart search, and initial settings. You can use its gesture control feature to give non-verbal commands to search for particular content or video.
How to Use
Once you download and install the UC browser, you’ll land on its homepage. You can find multiple apps displayed on the top under the Google search bar. These applications include Facebook, Google, YouTube, ESPNCricInfo, and Games. You’ll see the UC Games center above the search bar with a small demo video. As you scroll down, you’ll find the game section, recommended section, and most visited.
The middle button at the bottom shows other options, including bookmarks, history, downloads, themes, tools night, feedback, refresh, and share. You can also see the settings button on the left and the shutdown button on the right.
The Incognito mode is available on the right side of the middle menu button. This mode doesn’t record your browsing or search history. Lastly, when you close the browser, it’ll pop-up a window with three messages – clear browsing history, add UC to Home Screen and do not ask again.
- Wi-Fi Sharing – Includes Wi-Fi sharing feature so that you can transfer files between the smartphone and laptop using the same Wi-Fi network.
- Offline Feature – You can save your time and data by enabling the offline feature and saving the videos to watch later.
- Cloud Download – Ensures convenient downloading of different supported files at a relatively faster download speed.
- Theme Center – Allows you to download the themes from the theme center and enable the “shake” option to change them.
- Manage Short-cuts – Offers you to organize multiple short-cuts on the homepage, just like you manage apps on your smartphone.
- Homepage personalization – You can easily long-press and drag multiple apps on the browser’s homepage.
- File management – Ensures efficient file management with fast and reliable download speed.
- Smart Detection – Comes with a smart detection feature and prompts if you download a file format that isn’t compatible with your phone.
- Privacy – Offers incognito browsing to protect your privacy by disabling saving the browsing data on the smartphone.
- Quick Reads – Integrates Quick Reads in the RSS reader to keep you updated with the latest news from CNN, NY Times, USA Today, etc.
One of the main features which make the UC browser popular among users is the incorporated adblocker that facilitates ad-free browsing. Moreover, it allows easy file transfer and safe browsing to elevate your browsing experience. It also helps you backup your browsing content such as music, videos, photos, and other files on the cloud storage for free, to save up to 20GB on your phone memory. To sum up, it’s a multi-functional browser with fast downloads, cricket card features, data saving, ad-block, and Facebook modes.