Many iPhone users, including those using the latest iPhone 15, have been experiencing problems with their Wi-Fi hotspot options not appearing. This issue becomes particularly problematic when using an eSIM, as carrier providers often struggle to identify the cause of the problem. Even when hotspot functionality has not been disabled by the carrier, users are still unable to access it.
Fortunately, there is a simple solution to this problem. By filling out the APN (Access Point Name) field in your iPhone’s SIM settings, you can resolve the issue and regain access to your Wi-Fi hotspot. Here’s a step-by-step guide on how to do it:
Note: Make sure the hotspot option is not restricted because of your package plan.
- Scroll down the list of settings options and tap on “Cellular” or “Mobile Data”, depending on your device’s language settings.
- ⚙️ Open the Settings on your iPhone. (It’s an icon that looks like gray gears and can typically be found on your home screen.)
- In the Cellular settings menu, tap on the “Cellular Data Network” option. This will allow you to edit your APN settings.
- Look for the APN field and tap on it to enter your APN information. This field is specifically used for cellular data, including hotspot functionality.
- To find the correct APN name for your carrier, you can contact your carrier’s customer support or search for it online. Many carrier websites provide APN information.
- Once you have obtained the correct APN name, input it into the APN field in your iPhone’s settings. Make sure you only fill out the hotspot APN field, as there may be separate APN fields for LTE and MMS.
- After entering the APN information, save your settings and exit the Cellular settings menu.
- Now, you should be able to see the Wi-Fi hotspot option enabled on your iPhone. You can toggle it on and start using your iPhone as a hotspot.
By following these steps and filling out the APN field in your iPhone’s SIM settings, you can easily resolve the issue of the missing Wi-Fi hotspot option. Remember to input the correct APN information specific to your carrier, as this will ensure proper functionality. I tried this on my Jazz Telecom network and it worked perfectly fine.
Please note that this guide is based on general iPhone settings and may vary slightly depending on your iPhone model and iOS version. If you encounter any difficulties or have further questions, it is always recommended to reach out to your carrier’s customer support for personalized assistance.