Here in this blog post, we will discuss Bitmoji keyboard for Android and:
- We have written a complete step-by-step guide on how to use the Bitmoji keyboard for Android using the Gboard app.
- We have created a tutorial on setting up your Bitmoji account using your Android.
- Then, in the end, we will guide you on how to enable and use the Bitmoji keyboard on your smartphone.
Bitmoji is a trending app among smartphone users on all platforms. It allows you to create your very own and unique avatar based on your facial features.
However, to get things started, all you have to do is take a selfie, and the Bitmoji app will automatically generate an identical avatar for you. You can then go ahead and make modifications to the facial feature as per your liking.
Once your Bitmoji avatar is all ready, you can then share it with your friends on different social media platforms. But to share it, you need to have a Bitmoji keyboard installed on your device. So in this article, you will learn how to use the Bitmoji keyboard in an Android device and how to quickly share your Bitmoji stickers while chatting on WhatsApp or commenting on Facebook or even on games.
For those of you who don’t know, Bitmoji is developed by the same developers who developed Snapchat, which is a popular social media app among young generations. And as a result of the rapid evolution and the growth of the company, Bitmoji is now available everywhere, from social media to gaming.
During the initial launch, it was only available for iOS users through their iMessage application. However, now it is available for Gboard Keyboard for Android, i.e., Bitmoji for Google Keyboard.
What is Bitmoji And How Does It Work?
In case you don’t know much about Bitmoji for Android, then this section will help you figure out exactly what it is and how does it work on Android phones and tablet devices.
Bitmoji is a custom sticker maker app developed by a Canadian company named Bitstrips. The fun avatars offered by this tool attracted everyone, and it has become a trending thing in social media. It comes pre-loaded with a lot of fun drawings, avatars, and moods for your complete sticker and emoji needs.
The parent product Bitsrtips.com allows its users to create custom comic strips with user-uploaded images. In Bitmoji, you can even draw your avatar from the scratch using its in-built tools.
How To Set Up Bitmoji Keyboard for Android
First, we need to download and install Google Keyboard (Gboard) app on your Android smartphone and then we will install and integrate the Bitmoji app onto the Gboard keyboard app.
Follow the steps mentioned below to setup and use Bitmoji keyboard in your phone.
- Most of the Android devices come pre-loaded with the Google Keyboard (Gboard) app. If you don’t have it installed already on your phone then you can download the latest version from the Google Play store.
- Once installed, you need to download the Bitmoji app and set it up. You can head over to the Google Play store and download the Bitmoji app. You need to set up the profile and other settings of the Bitmoji before you can integrate it with the Google Keyboard.
- After successful installation, open the Bitmoji app, and there you will see multiple options for signing up. If you have a Snapchat account, you can easily signup with just one tap. If you don’t have one, you can sign up using your Email ID. Tap on the Sign up with Email button and enter your date of birth to continue.
- In the next screen, enter the basic profile details, including the first name, last name, email address, and password. Then tap on the Sign-up. You can choose your gender in the next screen by tapping on either the male or female avatars.
- Now it asks you to take a selfie using the app to create your first-ever custom Bitmoji. Give permission to the app to take pictures and record videos. Place your face right inside the circle and take a selfie.
- You can now make customizations to your face with the built-in tools. You can alter the basic modules such as the skin tone, hair color, hairstyle, hair treatment, facial hair, facial hair color, eye shape, eye size, eye spacing, eye color, eyebrows, eyebrow color, nose, glasses, jaw, face shape, mouth, ears, cheek lines, forehead lines, eye lines, headwear, body type, and the outfit. Choose your preference for each of these options to proceed.
- After setting up the avatar, the app will welcome you with a collection of pre-designed stickers based on your custom avatar. You can use these stickers to share on social media or other supported chat interfaces. You can always make changes to your avatar in the options available on the top bar of the app.
How To Enable And Use Bitmoji In Android Smartphones
Now you are all set with your custom-built avatar and a great collection of stickers in the Bitmoji app. It’s time to enable the Bitmoji keyboard and start using it in your social media conversations.
Follow the steps mentioned below to enable it:
- Open the Settings on your phone. Then navigate to the settings menu named Language & Input and open it. Here you can find all the options for your device language and keyboards.
- Scroll down through the settings and find the Bitmoji Keyboard. It should be disabled when you open it. Tap on it to enable the keyboard. If the phone asks for confirmation, tap on the OK button. Now the Bitmoji keyboard is enabled on your phone.
- You can easily use Bitmoji stickers right from the Gboard app, but it must be your default input method. If you have it, open your typing interface, then tap and hold on the second button from the bottom-left side (emojis and stickers). Then choose the stickers menu. Here you can see the available custom stickers with your avatar.
- Besides the Google Keyboard, you can use the Bitmoji keyboard as your input method. You just need to tap and hold on the Globe icon in your Gboard Keyboard. In the pop-up window, you can choose the Bitmoji Keyboard for input. It gives you easy access to custom stickers.
There you have it. You have now successfully enabled the Bitmoji keyboard on your Android device. You can easily switch between the Google Keyboard and Bitmoji Keyboard as per your wish. However, please note that the Bitmoji is not supported in all social media services and apps yet. It won’t work properly on all applications at the moment. You can use it on a limited number of social media apps such as WhatsApp, Facebook Messenger, Twitter, Snapchat, and Skype.