Are you planning to purchase a Samsung chargers or USB cable accessory for your Samsung phone but don’t know if it is original or fake? Don’t worry, here we have closely compared both by putting them side-by-side and found the 11 notable differences. Continue reading to find out what are those… 😉
Many smartphone users believe that using third-party chargers and USB cable does not possess any risk, however, it has been proven from time to time that using fake/counterfeit chargers, batteries, USB cables, and other accessories could be unsafe and might damage your smartphone.
Recently, we tried to find the dissimilarities between the genuine Samsung chargers/USB cables and fake to help our readers in making a wise selection between the two while shopping for Samsung USB cables and chargers.
The differences were so minor that one would never be able to find out which one is the original Samsung accessory and which one is the replica unless both chargers and USB cables are physically positioned side by side and closely inspected, just as we did in this article.
So in an attempt to help you in making your charger and USB cable purchases stress-free, we have compiled a list of visible differences, which one can only find out if they already have an original charger and data cable with them while buying.
The differences we have mentioned in this article would assist you in confirming whether the charger and USB cable being sold by the seller and/or supplier is genuine or counterfeit.
Also, if you have planned to order a Genuine Samsung chargers or USB cable from any online e-commerce store then we will suggest you make sure that the supplier you are placing an order with is authentic and provides a refund policy.
This way, you would be able to get the product refunded later in case you find out that the charger or cable is fake.
Apart from the visible differences between the original Samsung chargers and the fake ones, there might be some variations in their circuits as well as the output power and current ratings. Keep in mind that the poorly made charger circuits with different output power ratings than the original ones could permanently damage your smartphone.
As mentioned by the Samsung on their website:
Samsung recommend you should use only Samsung genuine or approved batteries that have been specifically designed for use in Samsung products. The use of incompatible batteries, cables and chargers may not be safe to use and could cause damage to the device or couple provide external damage.
With that being said, are you now ready to find the differences between the fake and genuine Samsung accessories?
Please head over to the next section to make yourself aware of all the hard-to-notice differences and learn how you can easily differentiate between the two all by yourself.
11 Differences Between Fake & Genuine Chargers/USB Cables
Below we have outlined the 11 noticeable differences between fake and original Samsung chargers and USB cables that would help you in identifying whether the charger and cable you are purchasing for your Samsung smartphone is original or fake.
1. Build Quality of the Charger: The very first thing you are going to notice when you pick up your charger is its overall build quality. The genuine charger should feel well built, solid, and strong; whereas the fake charger would feel like it is made of some cheap plastic.
2. The Weight of the Charger: If you take your original Samsung charger along with you when making your purchase for another charger, you will be able to distinguish between the genuine and fake chargers just by assessing their weight. Due to the superior build quality, the genuine charger should feel heavier as compared to the fake one.
3. Corners and Edges of the Charger: If you compare the top side and the edges of the original charger with the fake one, you will notice that the fake charger’s corners and curves are uneven and have some excess plastic, whereas the original charger has smooth and leveled edges. (As you can see in the picture below).
4. Joints on the Charger: Both, original as well as fake chargers have a joint in the middle. The original charger has a smooth and flat joint whereas the fake one has a sharp and prominent joint. (Highlighted in the above image)
5. USB Connector Port Slot on the Charger: As we have discussed in the last point, the cutting of the USB connector port slot of the fake charger also have uneven corners and edges. Whereas, the original charger have well-built, smoothed, and flattened edges. (As you can see in the picture above).
Do you know how to improve your phone’s battery life and make it last a whole day on a single charge? The apps mentioned here will help you out. 😉
6. Charger Plugs: The European standard plugs on the original Samsung charger features an extra layer of plastic on the lower end of the structure of the plugs to provide extra strength and support, which also enhances its overall durability. Whereas, on the fake Samsung charger you will notice that there are simple plugs without any durability structures. (As you can see in the picture below).
7. Micro-USB Connector Size: On the micro-USB to USB cable, you are going to notice that there is a significant difference between the micro-USB connector size of the original Samsung USB cable and the fake USB cable. The original micro-USB connector is smaller in length and is closer to the body, whereas the fake USB cable has a larger micro-USB connector and there’s more space between the connector and the body, which is more likely to get broken after frequent usage. (highlighted in the image below)
8. Micro-USB Interlocking: If you pay close attention to the interlocking, you will notice that the original micro-USB interlocks are consistently placed, are trapezoid in shape, and have an equal distance. Whereas, on the fake USB cable, the micro-USB interlocks are inconsistently located and are square in shape. (As you can see in the picture below).
9. USB Symbol Imprint on the Micro-USB Connector: The USB symbol imprinted on the micro-USB connector body have variation. As you can see in the picture above. The original USB cable’s connector has a light colored laser-imprinted symbol whereas the fake one has darker colored USB symbol.
10. USB Connector: As you can see in the picture below, the surface of the original USB connector shell has a small dent. Whereas, the USB connector shell on the fake USB cable has a flat surface.
11. USB Symbol Imprint on the USB Connector: As mentioned in the difference no. 9 above, the USB connector end also has a slight variation in the USB symbol imprint color. You can see the difference between the two in the above picture.
In the conclusion, we would say that the differences that have been mentioned in this article are hard to identify if you don’t have an original product or accessory with you to compare and differentiate between the two. And as already mentioned in the beginning, using a counterfeit or fake charger with your smartphone could damage it over time, if not immediately. So we will recommend you to use genuine products and accessories only.
What’s your experience with buying a new charger or USB cable for your Samsung smartphone? Have you found any more differences between the original and fake ones? Share with us in the comments section below. 🙂