In This Article
🎯 Short Answer:
To remove your phone number from Truecaller permanently, you can follow these steps:
1. Deactivate your number by tapping on the profile icon > Settings > Privacy Center on Android or tapping on the profile avatar (upper left) > Settings > Privacy Center on iPhone.
2. Wait for up to 24 hours for your number to be removed due to caching processes.
3. Use this link to unlist your number after deactivating it.
TrueCaller is known for crowdsourcing data from the user’s phone after being granted access to the contacts. But how was your number uploaded into the database? And how can one remove their phone number from the TrueCaller database? Continue reading, as here we will share with you a detailed guide for that…
Whenever you install TrueCaller and create an account, the app will ask you for permission to access your contacts. Once you have allowed the app to access your contacts, it will scan and upload all the contact details to their servers. For example, if one of your friends has saved your number as ‘Michael,’ they installed the TrueCaller app and gave permission to their contacts. Now, your name and contact details will appear in the TrueCaller database as well as on everyone’s phone. That, too, is exactly like how your friend had saved it. That is exactly how people’s numbers are crowdsourced, and TrueCaller became one of the most trusted apps for caller ID. And identify messages and calls from unknown numbers.
There have also been cases when the phone line’s address is also listed on their servers—especially the residential address, which is sensitive data. The same crowdsourcing applies to link addresses with the landline. Thanks to the phonebooks that are publicly available. These are enough reasons to remove your phone number from the TrueCaller servers to protect your privacy.
In this blog post, we have shared two tutorials, i.e., unlisting phone numbers from the TrueCaller database and the other tutorial, where you will learn to deactivate your account.
Guide to Unlist Phone Numbers from TrueCaller Servers
Here is a step-by-step guide on how to get your phone number unlisted from the TrueCaller servers and the mobile app. The following steps apply to all mobile platforms, including Android and iOS.
NOTE: It is important to note that if you are trying to delete your phone number, you must permanently deactivate your account.
- On your mobile device or a computer, open the web browser and go to this URL: https://www.truecaller.com/unlisting
- Once the TrueCaller Unlisting page appears, scroll down until you see a phone number box. (see screenshot below)
- Enter your phone number along with the country code.
- Input Captcha details to verify you are human.
- And then press the unlist button.
This process alone will take about 24 hours to get your number removed and delisted from the server.
How to Permanently Deactivate Your TrueCaller ID
In this section, we are going to guide you on how to permanently deactivate your TrueCaller ID to remove your own personal or business number from TrueCaller:
- Open the TrueCaller app.
- Tap the icon that says “People.” That must be located at the top left corner of the screen.
- Go to Settings.
- Access the “About” section.
- Here, you should be able to find the Deactivate Account” button.
Once you have completed this process, you can then remove your phone number from the TrueCaller servers by following the guide.
We have answered some of the most frequently asked questions here in this section that people usually have related to the TrueCaller service.
Removing your number from TrueCaller is easy. You need to fill out an unlisitng form, and the request takes just 24 hours to complete.
The main aim of TrueCaller is to help you identify who is calling you, which is a helpful feature. But in the process, the service is helping the spammers easily reach you and your contacts by crowdsourcing data.
If you receive a call from a number not saved in your contacts, TrueCaller will be able to show you who is calling you based on the crowdsourced data. You can identify whether the caller is a spammer or a genuine person.