Maybe one of your TikTok videos is falsely reported by the user and now your account is flagged for the violation of community guidelines. Your account may have been banned from live streaming, it could have got shadow banned, temporarily banned, or permanently banned. But don’t worry, there are several methods to send an appeal to the support team and get your TikTok account unbanned.
According to TikTok, any account that violates its predefined community guidelines will be banned from the platform and won’t be allowed to use the services. And they are very lenient in banning accounts because it takes consistent violation of their guidelines to trigger a ban. The system will always send you violation warnings.
Talking about TikTok account bans, there are various levels of bans so it doesn’t matter which one your account received, you can simply follow the solutions we have outlined below to speed up the process of getting your suspended TikTok account restored.
#1. Check Your Notifications and Submit an Appeal
TikTok will send you a notification whenever your account is flagged and blocked for violating community guidelines, and you can see the notification when you open the app and go to the notifications section. The notification will tell you why your account is banned and what restrictions are imposed on your account.
What you have to do now is you need to submit an appeal to TikTok and you have to explain why your account was banned incorrectly along with all the proof and add as much detail as possible to support your case.
To submit an appeal, follow these steps:
- Open the TikTok app and go to the notifications.
- Tap on the banner notification.
- Tap on the Appeal button.
- Follow the instructions to complete the appeal process.
Make sure your appeal is solid and you explain everything in detail. This is the only way of making sure that you get your account back.
Once the appeal is filed, you now need to wait for the team to restore your account status and take back the ban. However, the decision solely depends on TikTok and you can’t do much rather than wait since a permanent account ban is usually irreversible.
Also, if you didn’t see the banner notification at the right time when the ban was imposed on your account then selecting the appeal option will give you an error that says, “You can no longer appeal this decision because the appeal deadline has passed.”
That is when you need to look for an alternative option to contact support and appeal to them. So you can try your luck as we have another option to reach out directly to the TikTok team. Please continue reading.
#2. Write an Email and Send it to the Official TikTok Support Team
Writing an email to the official TikTok support team usually works in many cases since you are allowed to add as much detail about your account ban as you possibly can, as compared to the in-app appeal option, and get your account restored. This option comes in handy in those situations when you are unable to access your account.
Anyways, these are the email addresses where you can individually send your appeal request:
Here is what you need to do:
- Go to the email inbox of your choice (it could be Gmail, Outlook, or Yahoo).
- Create a new email; write all the details about your banned account. You can also provide details related to why you believe the ban is an error from the TikTok team and why your account should be reinstated. You can even add proof via email attachments.
- Make sure you add an appropriate subject, which should be short and grabs attention.
- Proofread your email and you have to ensure all the details are added in the mail. Once you are satisfied, hit the send button.
The TikTok team responds to emails in a timely manner, so if your case is genuine and strong enough then you should receive an acknowledgment email from them.
#3. Contact TikTok Support through In-App Feedback Feature
You can report your issue and appeal to TikTok by contacting support through the in-app feedback feature. Here’s how you can access it:
NOTE: If, in case, you are unable to access this section from the app using your account then please skip to method number 4.
- Open the TikTok app and go to the Profile section (located at the bottom-right corner).
- Tap on the ☰ menu button, located at the top-right corner.
- Tap on the ⚙️ Settings and privacy option.
- Scroll down and look for the Support section, there you will find the Report a problem option. Tap it.
- On the top-right corner, you will find the Feedback icon, tap it and you will enter Your Feedback page.
- Tap the Write icon, located at the top-right corner, to write and submit your feedback.
You will now have access to the Report a problem section where you can write your appeal along with all the details. And you can attach four images and one video to make your case stronger. Once you are done, tap on the Report button to send the feedback.
Now you need to wait for the team to review your feedback and respond. It typically takes about 7 to 14 days to get a response from them. But their response time varies from case to case.
#4. Use the Online “Share Your Feedback” Form to Send an Appeal
This is the last report option you can use to send an appeal for your account suspension. This method works even when you have lost access to your account and are unable to sign in to the TikTok app using your account credentials.
Here are the steps you need to follow:
- Open the web browser on your mobile or laptop, and go to the Share your feedback page.
- You will see a contact form.
- Fill in your email address and TikTok username.
- For the topic, select Account ban/suspension from the drop-down.
- In the Tell us more drop-down option you will have multiple options i.e. Livestream, Banned account (not-age related), Banned account (age-related), and Other. Select the one that suits your case.
- In the How can we help box, enter all the details about your account ban and explain why you believe your TikTok account should be restored.
- Next are attachments, which is an optional step, but if you have any relevant screenshots to help make your feedback strong then I will highly recommend you add them.
- Agree to the Declaration by putting a checkmark on both boxes.
- Select the Submit button to send your appeal.
Now you need to wait for a response from the support team. They will get back to you at the provided email address.
So there you have it. These were the four working methods you can follow on how to get your TikTok account unbanned by submitting an appeal and ultimately getting your TikTok account restored, provided the ban is not permanent as it is harder to get past that.
If the team over at TikTok does not approve your appeal request, even after following all four methods, then unfortunately there is no other way to restore your account. You can read more about account ban reasons here.