Google Camera apk is an official camera app developed by the Google team for Android devices that helps you take some of the most amazing and high-quality photos from your phone's camera.
Originally, the app was supported with all the devices running Android 4.4 KitKat and above versions. However, since after the release of Google Camera 4.2 and Android 7.1 Nougat, Google has made this app device-specific.
That means you would only be able to install and run this app on Google Pixel and Google Nexus phones and tablet devices.
The reason why Google Camera is limited to these devices only is that there are a number of new features and camera modes specifically compatible with some latest phones only otherwise it might cause compatibility issues.
The app's advanced features are exactly what makes it an awesome choice for even professional photographers as it captures stunning photos.
Don’t know what those features are? Continue reading to find out more…
Features of Google Camera
Google Camera has some distinctive features and photo modes that make your Android device capable enough to let you capture some exclusive and stunning shots.
- Night Sight – Makes sure the details and colors are not lost while taking night time photos. This even lets you capture Milky Way!
- Portrait Mode – Let you take photos with the blurred background (bokeh effect) to shift all the focus to the subject of a photo in order to make it stand out.
- Photo Sphere – Allow you to capture an immersive 360-degree panoramic photosphere.
- Wide-angle & Panorama – Makes it easy for you to capture enormous scenic landscapes that won’t fit in a single photo.
- Automatic HDR+ – This mode will automatically adjust all the levels of detail to make sure that the photos being captured in different lighting conditions turn out magnificent.
- Record Slow Motion Video – Depending on the camera capabilities of your device, you will be able to record videos in slow motion.
- Super Res Zoom – Do you like to zoom in while capturing photos? This feature makes sure the quality is sharp and there is no blur.
If you are looking to use filters then we will recommend checking out Instagram or Snapchat apps for Android to add a new perspective to your photos or selfies.
Unique Photo Modes
Do you know this pro camera allows you to capture amazing photos in over three different ways? Here are those modes:
- The standard way – Tap on the screen to capture a photo.
- With your voice – Simply say “Ok Google, take a picture,” and the camera app will open and take a picture.
- With Android Wear – In this case, your Android Wear device/watch will work as a remote control.