- 100% working step-by-step guide on how to get Spotify Premium for free on Android, iOS, Windows PC, and Mac OS without spending a cent.
- Once you have followed this tutorial, you will be able to enjoy all the paid premium Spotify features, including unlimited skips, enable extreme sound quality, block ads, and the ability to play any song.
- At the end of this ultimate guide, we have answered some frequently asked questions to help you out with the common problems related to Spotify.
What is Spotify?
Spotify is one of the most widely used music-streaming app, which not only allows you to listen to millions of soundtracks but it also gives you the ability to create your very own personalized playlists for music, podcasts, and songs.
You can even share your favorite music and playlists with your friends. And the best feature is the capability to sync your music across all of your devices, including Android, iOS, Windows, and Mac.
There are over twenty million soundtracks that you can search, play, and even download for offline listening using the Spotify Premium account.
Spotify offers two account types:
Spotify Free: To get Spotify free, simply signup using your email address. The process takes just a few minutes. But it comes with certain limitations like shuffle music play, no skips, and audio/video advertisements.
Spotify Premium: The Spotify Premium offers tons of features using which you can download music for offline listening, listen in extreme sound quality, skip unlimited songs, and you won’t get ads.
Talking about premium, Spotify offers three popular paid plans starting from as low as $4.99 per month for the Student plan and going as high as $14.99 per month for Family plan (which supports six accounts).
For many, these charges become too high, considering it’s a subscription-based model and requires a monthly payment. Don’t worry as you can follow our in-depth guide to get Spotify Premium free.
How to Get Spotify Premium for free on Android, iOS, Windows PC, and Mac OS
Here in this guide, we are going to help you get Spotify Premium so that you can use most of the paid and premium features for free for as long as you want.
We at BestForAndroid won’t be held responsible if Spotify terminates/suspends your account due to the usage of the Spotify Premium mod or hack app. All information provided here is strictly for educational purposes, and we are not responsible for how you decide to use the provided information. We will highly recommend you to support Spotify by purchasing a premium.
Using Multiple 90-days Premium Trial Accounts (Easiest Spotify Hack)
The easiest Spotify Premium hack is to officially subscribe for the 90-days or 3-months free trial offered by Spotify for new users. (Previously, it was for 30-days).
You can use this method to enjoy all premium features, including offline listening for free. Still, the only downside is you will have to create a new email address as well as a new Spotify account with another username once every ninety days.
We know the method is not much efficient, but it is very effective for sure, as this works on all supported platforms, whether it’s Android, iOS, Windows, or Mac OS.
Join Your Friend’s Spotify Family Account
Spotify offers multiple Premium plans, which includes:
- Family and
Here, the Spotify Family plan allows over 6 Premium accounts at a much-discounted price of USD 14.99, which (if my math is correct) will be about USD 2.49 per account, whereas the Individual plan costs USD 9.99 for a month. That is really cheap.
Now, you have two possible options:
Scenario 1: You have to find just five friends or relatives who are interested in Spotify Premium, opt for Spotify Family plan, and link up all the accounts together. All six of you will be able to enjoy premium services at a real cheap price.
Scenario 2: You can find a friend who is already using the Spotify Family plan and ask him/her to let you be one of the six members.
Android: Install Spotify Premium mod cracked APK
For Android users, we have a modded Spotify cracked app, which lets you enjoy all the premium features without paying a cent (some server-specific features may not work).
All you have to do is install Spotify Premium mod apk on your Android phone/tablet device and log in using your free Spotify account. You will have all the premium services unlocked like unlimited skips, extreme quality enabled, ad-free, and uninterrupted music listening experience.
Here is how you can do this on your Android:
- Uninstall the original Spotify app from your device, if already installed.
- Download Spotify Premium Mod Apk from here.
- The apk file will be in a compressed zip format, so you will have to use a file explorer to extract/unzip the file.
- Install the app. If this is your first time installing apk, then you may need to allow installation from unknown sources.
- Open the app, enter your account credentials, and tap on login.
iOS/iPhone Method 1: Install Spotify++ using AppValley or TweakApp
Installing Spotify++ on your iPhone is one of the most effective ways to enjoy Spotify Premium free for iOS. That can be achieved using installer services like TweakApp or AppValley.
You don’t have to worry as these are safe, and you don’t need to jailbreak your iPhone or iPad.
Here are the steps to follow:
- Uninstall any existing version of Spotify.
- Launch Safari web browser and go to the site of any of the following app installer services:
- AppValley: AppValley.vip
- TweakApp: tweakboxapp.com
- Install any of the installers mentioned above on your iPhone.
- Go to the home screen and tap on either AppValley or TweakApp (depending on what you installed).
- Open the app, use search to find Spotify++ or Spotify.
- Once installed, you can now start enjoying Spotify Premium on iPhone.
iOS/iPhone Method 2: Install Spotify++ using Cydia Impactor
Similar to the previous method, here we will guide you on how to install Spotify++ using Cydia Impactor on iPhone or any iOS device. But this requires Mac or Windows PC to work.
- On your Mac or PC, launch the web browser of your choice and go to the following website:
- Cydia Impactor: cydiaimpactor.com
- Based on your operating system, select the correct version of the installation file and download it on your computer.
- The downloaded file will be in a zip/compressed format. You will need to unzip to get the setup. Then install it on your computer.
- Connect your iPhone to your PC via USB cable.
- Download Spotify++ mod IPA file for iPhone or Spotify++ apk for Android from the Internet.
- Open Cydia Impactor, select and drag the iOS IPA file (or Android apk file), and drop it onto the Cydia app.
- The app should appear on your iPhone. Tap on it to open and enjoy Spotify Premium.
Windows Method 1: Downgrade Spotify and Use Spotify Premium Mod
The following procedure is for PC and laptop devices running Windows 7 and Windows 10 and will give you Spotify Premium for free with the help of the original BlockTheSpot mod that works by downgrading Spotify to the older version and then applying Spotify Premium mod to get premium features.
Once successfully applied, this will block all ads including banner ads, audio ads, and video ads from the Spotify app and will give you unlimited song skips without compromising the radio functionality.
This original BlockTheSpot mod is compatible with the older and standalone Spotify Windows app downloaded from Spotify’s servers. It will not work with the Microsoft Windows Store version or the latest Spotify version.
There are two ways to achieve this, one is manual and the other is fully automated. Both are safe to use. I will show you the steps for both ways, just in case you find it hard to trust the automated procedure. 😀
Manual procedure to apply BlockTheSpot patch:
- Download the old version of the Spotify installer from their server here (i.e. Spotify version 18.104.22.168 for 32-bit Windows).
- You will also need to download the netutils.dll file from here, which actually is a mod file that helps block the advertisements. We will need this file later so keep it in easy to access.
- Run the installer to install Spotify on your computer.
- Once installed, the Spotify app will open automatically. Close the app.
- Go to the default Spotify installation folder located inside AppData. Don’t worry, I have a shortcut for that. Keep reading.
- On the keyboard, simultaneously press the Windows key and R key, this will open Run. Copy the following command and paste it into the Run command box and hit enter:
- Now, copy the netutils.dll file and paste it inside this Spotify folder.
That is it. Restart your computer to apply the changes and then launch Spotify and log in with your credentials. Enjoy endless music without ads 😉
Automated procedure to apply BlockTheSpot patch:
- Make sure you have uninstalled Spotify from your computer.
- Download the Spotify patch downgrade.bat file from the official GitHub repository here.
- Launch the downgrade.bat file and wait for it to download and install the old Spotify version.
- Once that is done, it will block the Spotify auto-update functionality.
- In the next step, the Spotify folder will be patched with a netutils.dll file to block ads.
Once all the processes are complete, Spotify will launch and you can start using the app by entering your login credentials. In case you still see ads or don’t get unlimited skips then I will recommend you to restart your computer and then try again. It should work and you will be able to enjoy the premium features.
Windows Method 2: Get Spotify Premium with the latest BlockTheSpot Mod
The following procedure uses the latest version of BlockTheSpot Spotify Premium mod for Windows 7 and Windows 10 PC and laptop devices. Once activated, this will automatically block all ads including video ads, banner ads, and audio ads from the Spotify app and will give you unlimited song skips as well as support for radio and vertical video. You can remove the Spotify Upgrade button too.
This mod is currently in active development and supports the latest version of Spotify on Windows, unlike the previous method, where it was compatible with the old version only.
Similar to the first method of BlockTheSpot, this mod can also be applied in two ways i.e. manual and automated. Both are safe to use. However, automation may not work properly so I am going to show you the steps for the manual procedure only. If you still want the automated procedure, let me know in the comments below and I will guide you further.
This mod is compatible with the Spotify Windows app download from the official website. It will not work with the Spotify version available on the Microsoft Windows Store.
- Make sure your PC is running the latest version of Spotify that is downloaded from Spotify’s website, if not then you need to download it. In case you have the Microsoft Store version, then it is important to uninstall that before proceeding.
- You will also need to download the chrome_elf.zip file from the forked GitHub repository here, which actually is a mod file that helps block the advertisements. Extract this zip file and keep the contents (i.e. chrome_elf.dll and config.ini) handy, we will need those later.
- Run the Spotify installer to install the latest Spotify on your computer.
- On your computer, go to the Spotify installation folder located inside AppData. Don’t worry, I have a shortcut for that. Keep reading.
- On the keyboard, simultaneously press the Windows key and R key to open Run. Copy the following command and paste it into the Run command box and press enter:
- Here in this Spotify directory, you should find a file named chrome_elf.dll. You need to rename it to chrome_elf_bak.dll.
- Now, copy those chrome_elf.dll and config.ini files you extracted earlier in step 2, and paste them inside this Spotify folder. If the replace dialogue box appears, hit yes to replace files.
That is it. Launch Spotify and log in with your credentials. Now you should be able to enjoy your music without getting annoyed by advertisements.
Mac OS: Use Hosts File to Block Ads
This method is for Mac OS, and here we will be using the host’s file to get Spotify Premium for free and enjoy features like ad-free music listening and unlimited skips. Originally, the free version limits you to skipping only six songs per hour.
Follow these steps to get Spotify Premium on MacBook, MacBook Pro, Mac Mini, iMac running any version of Mac OS:
- Open the Terminal app and type the following command to open the “hosts” file:
sudo nano /etc/hosts
- Copy and paste the following lines directly after the last line in the hosts:
0.0.0.0 adclick.g.doublecklick.net 0.0.0.0 adeventtracker.spotify.com 0.0.0.0 ads-fa.spotify.com 0.0.0.0 analytics.spotify.com 0.0.0.0 audio2.spotify.com 0.0.0.0 b.scorecardresearch.com 0.0.0.0 bounceexchange.com 0.0.0.0 bs.serving-sys.com 0.0.0.0 content.bitsontherun.com 0.0.0.0 core.insightexpressai.com 0.0.0.0 crashdump.spotify.com 0.0.0.0 d2gi7ultltnc2u.cloudfront.net 0.0.0.0 d3rt1990lpmkn.cloudfront.net 0.0.0.0 desktop.spotify.com 0.0.0.0 doubleclick.net 0.0.0.0 ds.serving-sys.com 0.0.0.0 googleadservices.com 0.0.0.0 googleads.g.doubleclick.net 0.0.0.0 gtssl2-ocsp.geotrust.com 0.0.0.0 js.moatads.com 0.0.0.0 log.spotify.com 0.0.0.0 media-match.com 0.0.0.0 omaze.com 0.0.0.0 pagead46.l.doubleclick.net 0.0.0.0 pagead2.googlesyndication.com 0.0.0.0 partner.googleadservices.com 0.0.0.0 pubads.g.doubleclick.net 0.0.0.0 redirector.gvt1.com 0.0.0.0 s0.2mdn.net 0.0.0.0 securepubads.g.doubleclick.net 0.0.0.0 spclient.wg.spotify.com 0.0.0.0 tpc.googlesyndication.com 0.0.0.0 v.jwpcdn.com 0.0.0.0 video-ad-stats.googlesyndication.com 0.0.0.0 weblb-wg.gslb.spotify.com 0.0.0.0 www.googleadservices.com 0.0.0.0 www.googletagservices.com 0.0.0.0 www.omaze.com
- Save the file by simultaneously pressing the Control key and O key on your keyboard.
- Exit the Terminal app using the Control key and X key.
- Open the Spotify app and enjoy interruption-free music.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
I have created a dedicated FAQ and troubleshooting section to help quickly resolve your issues.
In case your question is not answered here, or if you are experiencing an entirely different problem, please feel free to leave your comment in the comments section below, and I will help you out! 🙂
Why does the Spotify app keep logging me out on Android?
This happens when your country or IP address is not supported by Spotify. To fix this issue, please follow these steps:
- On your Android device, go to Settings -> Apps.
- In the list of apps, look for Spotify and tap on it.
- Tap on Storage.
- Tap on the clear cache and clear data to reset Spotify (this is important otherwise the trick won’t work).
- Download the Browsec VPN app from the Google Play Store here and enable VPN (you can use ‘United States as your VPN location).
- Launch Spotify and log in using your account credentials.
Music downloading and offline listening is a server-side feature and requires a Spotify Premium account. Using a free account with the mod will not make your account premium. If you still want to download music then use these alternative offline music apps. Or you can even download songs directly on your phone without using any app from these free music sites.
The VPN trick is used to bypass Spotify country restriction and allows anyone from any part of the world to use Spotify for free. If you are located in any unsupported country but don’t use a VPN, then there are chances you may not be able to log in to Spotify.
Also, VPN is necessary, but only for the first time. Once you are logged into Spotify and got the premium features, you can then disable VPN. Here are some of the best VPN apps for Android.
“A firewall may be blocking Spotify. Please update your firewall to allow Spotify. Additionally, you could try changing the currently used proxy settings. (Error code: auth:3)”
To resolve this error, you need to temporarily delete the Spotify ads blocking lines added into your PC’s Hosts file. Then log in to your account. If that worked then you should not use the Hosts file to block ads. Else, you can try using Spotify Web player directly on your favorite web browser with an ad blocker.
Now that you have learned how to get Spotify Premium for free so don’t forget to share your views about the features you have used and which platform you are using to enjoy this incredible music streaming service.
Please note that this article is for informational and educational purposes only. We are not affiliated with any website or apps mentioned in the tutorial, and we will recommend respecting the copyright holder’s rights and supporting music streaming services like Spotify.