Snapchat requires you to have a Snapchat app installed on your mobile device and have an account to view Snaps and Stories shared by its users. But now using this new feature called Snap Map, you will be able to view Snapchat Story and Snaps from all over the world online right from your web browser.
Snapchat is a huge name in the social media network, and believe it or not, the idea of sharing the disappearing story is stolen from Snapchat. Facebook and Instagram both adopted this idea from Snapchat so that their users can start sharing disappearing stories without leaving their platform, in addition to the regular photos they usually post on their profile.
Now, because other social media platforms stole the idea of sharing stories from Snapchat so this platform lost its uniqueness, to bring the uniqueness back, the founders decided to introduce something new that cannot be found in other networks and their answer was Snap Map. A completely different way to share and explore the snaps and stories.
Moreover, you don’t even need to have a Snapchat account to view and explore snaps and stories shared on the Snap Map. You can also see these snaps from the web without any need to log in or requirement of having a Snapchat app.
How to view Snapchat Story online without Snapchat account?
Snap Map by Snapchat allows you to view the Snapchat story online without even any requirement of having a Snapchat account or the Snapchat app. All you need is a web browser, and you can see a lot of popular as well as not-so-popular snap stories shared by people from all around the world.
Here is how you can view Snapchat stories online on the web:
- On your Android mobile device, open any web browser of your choice. I am using Google Chrome.
- In the address bar, enter this URL: https://map.snapchat.com
- The Snap Map page will open with a popup message box that says, “Welcome to Snap Map.” And you will see a page similar to the one shown in the screenshot below.
- Tap on the blue colored “Browse the Map” button to start exploring the map for snaps.
- On the top, you will see a search bar. You can use this bar to search for any place, city, or recent popular event happening around the world. Or,
- Alternatively, if you want to see snaps and stories from within your area, then you can tap on the “Current Location” option, and it will ask you for the location access of your device. Tap on Allow to let it access your device’s location.
- I am using the search bar to jump to an exact location and explore the snaps shared by people there. I am searching for Niagara Falls. It shows me different options since Niagara Falls comes between Canada and the United States.
- You can select whichever option you feel like. Here I have opted for Niagara Falls, Canada.
- On the Snap Map, you should be able to see some blue spots (or in some cases red spots), those spots are actually a heat map and based on the color it shows that there are some Snapchat stories and snaps shared by users.
- Simply tap on the colored area you want to see the snaps.
- The stories and snaps will begin playing. A simple tap on the screen will move you to the next snap. Though, you can go back to the previous snap and replay it by tapping on the left most corner of the screen.
- Furthermore, you can use your finger to perform the drag gesture to move around the map and explore the area manually and look for stories and snaps from different parts of the city or region you are exploring.
- To stop seeing the snaps or to go back to the maps, tap the back button on your device and snaps will stop playing and you will be returned to the Snap Map.
That was the easiest trick to view Snapchat Stories and Snaps without having a Snapchat account. Similarly, you can follow the same steps on the web browser running on your computer and enjoy all the snaps without any requirement of having a Snapchat account or the app itself.
How to view Snapchat Story using Snap Map on the Snapchat mobile app
If you have a Snapchat app already installed on your Android device, and you want to access the same Snap Map using your Snapchat account, then that is possible as well. The steps are simple and very easy to follow.
- Open the Snapchat app on your Android device.
- While on the homescreen from where you take a picture, perform a zoom out gesture using two fingers. A popup message will appear on the top that says, “Explore the Map, pull down to open.”
- Perform a pull-down gesture on the screen using your finger.
- Welcome to Snap Map message will appear. It requires location access so it will ask you to allow it. To give device’s location access to Snapchat, tap on the “Allow” button.
- A popup will appear asking, “Snapchat wants to use your location.” Tap on Allow to grant device location access to Snapchat.
- Once successfully granted, Snapchat will open the Snap Map and show your current location on the map based on the GPS coordinates.
- You can easily navigate around the map, use pinch-in or pinch-out gestures to zoom in or out on the map and explore stories from all over the world shared by other Snapchat users.
What is Snap Map by Snapchat?
Snap Map is an interactive map designed by Snapchat to let their users publicly share their personal stories and snaps with people from all over the world to explore so that people can see the world from a different perspective right on their mobile devices.
The Snapchat’s Snap Map not only shows the personal snaps but it also includes stories related to events, breaking news, sports, celebrations, and other happenings from all parts of the world.
Not only that, if you have friends on Snapchat and both you and your friend have shared locations with each other then both of you will be able to find out what’s going around you. You can even see the snaps and stories your friends have shared from a different location. Also, Snap Map will show you their current location on the map, and they are denoted with their Bitmoji character.