- Step-by-step guide on how to download Instagram photos and videos on Android using 10 best Instagram downloader apps for free.
- Some apps even let you download Instagram TV, i.e., IGTV videos on your Android as well so that you can share it somewhere else.
- You can quickly download Instagram stories and highlights of your friends and favorite celebrities.
- Save and reshare Instagram pictures and videos within a matter of minutes.
Instagram is one of the most popular and increasingly growing social media platforms that has been reaching new heights and has become a lot more popular than ever before. Hundreds and thousands of users are creating and publishing millions of posts, stories, pictures, videos, and IGTV videos on the platform daily.
While scrolling through our Instagram feeds, we come across many posts that we find related to our day-to-day life, and that is exactly when we want to save those photos and videos so that we can reshare them with our followers on Instagram or other social media platforms.
There could be several reasons for wanting to save Instagram photos and videos on Android like saving a beautiful scenic photo and set them as your phone’s wallpaper, sharing some funny videos with your friends’ group on WhatsApp, who don’t have an Instagram account.
Although sharing Instagram photos and videos within Instagram is easy, however, to be able to save or download those images or videos or IGTV videos and share it outside Instagram, you will need to have a dedicated app. That’s what this article is all about, various apps with different ways to download Instagram posts.
10 Best Ways to Download Instagram Photos and Videos on Android
Here we have reviewed ten best ways to help you download Instagram photos and videos on Android. We have also included a step-by-step guide with each method to make it easier for you to save pictures and videos from Instagram quickly.
Save Reposter for Instagram
A popular app for downloading photos and videos from Instagram, Save Reposter has an impressive 4.6 rating and over 5 million downloads on the Play store. If you need the quickest and easiest tool to download the posts, their captions, or their hashtags. Save Reposter is made precisely for this purpose.
Save Resposter allows quick repost of the whole package, i.e., post and caption, which other apps do not provide. The downloaded photos and videos go directly into the gallery. Just download your favorite photo or video, and the process will be running in the background, and you do not have to worry about anything.
With a one-tap process to change between Insta and Save Reposter also vice versa, the transition is fast and smooth.
Features of Save Reposter
Here are some noteworthy features of Save Reposter for Instagram:
- No login required
- Gives you the option to view the downloaded Instagram content in the phone’s gallery
- Provides an additional feature to copy the hashtags or description without hashtags from the post
How to Use Save Reposter to Download Instagram Photos and Videos
- Click on the “Share URL” option on Instagram.
- Either paste URL in the Save Reposter app or a more straightforward method is to click on the Saver icon that will appear in the notification bar.
- Select between downloading the image, video, or copy the text and hashtag.
Ever wanted to create a good Instagram collection comprised of posts you love? Quick Save does it for you, one of the fastest photo downloader apps out there.
Unlike other apps that only provide the functionality of downloading a single post, Quick Save gives you the feature to make that nine grid images for Instagram, or you can also photo-split with just a button click on the spot.
Quick Save also comes with the technology to edit your favorite picture or videos with different types of colors, filters on the spot so you share those edited post directly to Instagram.
Features of Quick Save
Highlighted below are the features of Quick Save for Android:
- No login required
- Provides an in-built feature that lets you edit photo or videos with different color filters
- Provides additional feature to make a 9-grid image (for Instagram)
- Gives you the option to share pictures through the Quick Save app on various social media platforms
How to Use Quick Save to Quickly Save Instagram Photos and Videos
- Open Quick Save and minimize it.
- Open Instagram and look for pictures or videos you want to download and click on “Copy Share URL.”
- Open Quick Save, and there will be a list of images and videos you like, click download on any of the ones you want.
FastSave for Instagram
Arguably one of the best third-party apps as a downloader for Instagram, Fast Save, has been downloaded more than 10 million times on the Play Store. Its features include saving multiple photos and videos at once, saved stories appear in the notification bar above for quick access, long press on the saved photo and video to get information of the original user.
To top it off, it has a fast download speed to get you off and running. The Fast Save app is well designed. It has a minimal yet beautiful UI, which makes the overall user experience pleasant. The app allows you to Repost, Share, Delete photos, and videos from Fast the app directly. Furthermore, you can hide all of these photos within the app’s Secret locker feature.
Features of Fast Save
Here are all the features of Fast Save for Android:
- No login required
- Automatically saves photos and Videos
- Downloaded images or videos do not contain any watermarks
- Easy sharing of saved pictures and videos on social media platforms (through the app)
- Provides a Secret Locker to hide your saved photos and videos
- Provides details about the user by long pressing on the saved picture or video
How to Use Fast Save to Download Instagram Videos and Photos?
- Open Fast Save, toggle the “Fast Save Service” option and then click the “Open Instagram” button below the Fast Save service option.
- Open Instagram and find your desired picture or video.
- Click on “Copy Share URL,” and the download will start automatically (progress is shown in the status bar).
Video Downloader for Instagram
With over 50 million downloads and an extremely impressive 4.7 rating, this app sets a benchmark for every other app like this to follow. Video Downloader for Instagram lets you download and repost videos and images from Instagram.
With just three steps, you can download videos from Instagram. Do you remember those cool IGTV videos on Instagram? Well, you can download them as well with this app. The saved content goes directly into a folder in your gallery for further access.
Another unique feature is that this app lets you copy tags from Instagram, hence giving another outlook to the reposts we all wanted to do. Furthermore, you can share your favorite videos and images and repost them directly to Instagram.
Features of Video Downloader for Instagram
- Provides a unique option to download IGTV videos
- Saves downloaded photos and videos in your phone’s gallery
- No login required
How to Use Video Downloader for Instagram?
- Open Instagram and copy the URL of the post you want to download.
- Open the Video Downloader app and press the paste URL button.
- The app will automatically paste the link which you copied earlier in the Instagram app.
- Downloading of the photo or video will automatically start, which you can view in your File manager app.
Repost for Instagram
We all have those favorite Instagram artists we follow, right? And time after time, we want to share the amazing content they produce, and when we share those posts, we want others to admire the creators of the content.
Repost for Instagram allows precisely that and much more with the option to download photos and videos with ease and without any hassle. You can download photos and videos with the watermark, so if you want to share it with others, while it also downloads with no watermark just like other apps.
Repost for Instagram also supports the reposting of pictures and videos with the original caption, therefore copying the caption or remembering is negated, and more of your effort can be put into/ the post itself. The app receives regular updates and is strongly backed up by its developers. For instance, the app’s Android 10 version was out before its competitors.
Features of Repost for Instagram
- Gives you the option to add watermark
- Enables you to repost with a caption
- No login required
How to Use Repost for Instagram to Save Photos and Videos?
- Open the Instagram app and find the picture you want to download.
- Tap on those three dots and then tap on “Copy Link or Share.”
- Open Repost for Instagram and paste the link there.
- The download of that photo or video will start.
- Lastly, enjoy as you repost the picture and video with the original caption.
Regrann is a popular app on the Playstore with over 5 million downloads and an impressive 4.7 rating. It’s an easy to use photo downloader app and has a simple 3-step process to download posts, and we have shared those steps below.
Regrann is a single-screen interface with pop up which contains a download button. Just click it to download your desired post. The pictures and videos will be saved in the Instagram folder.
A free photo downloader that doesn’t require you to log in to save those authentic posts. Speaking of authentic posts, Regrann also gives the option to repost those posts you want from that single-screen interface. All of this can be achieved with a few simple steps without leaving Instagram. The only negative aspect of this app is that it includes in-app purchases.
Features of Regrann
- Does not require you to leave Instagram
- No login required
- Gives you the option to add watermarks when you repost (for crediting the owner)
- Gives you the option to add signatures hen you repost
How to Use Regrann to Save Instagram Photos and Videos?
After going through the initial set-up of the app, please follow these steps:
- Open Instagram and select the picture or video you want to download.
- Then tap on the 3-dot option on the top right side of the post and select the ‘Copy Link’ option.
- Go back to the app (Regrann), and a preview of the image or video will appear.
- Tap the ‘Save’ option on the bottom left side of the screen. The app will instantly download the photo/video on your phone.
Repost IG (InsTake)
With an impressive 4.9 rating and over 5 million downloads, the app satisfies its user base. A 100% fee and a super-fast downloader for Instagram photos and videos, InsTake, allows for super-fast downloading with their multi-thread tech, which is USP considering other great apps do not offer. Supports download of all HD videos and photos and saves them in the gallery.
InsTake has a built-in video player that can be used to play videos offline, also a built-in album for viewing photos offline as well. This app supports the copy link, share, rename, repost for photos and videos downloaded, so you customize the posts (reposts) as much as you want.
To make reposting even better, you can copy hashtags and the captions through this app. Moreover, this app takes less space as compared to other similar apps.
Features of Repost IG InsTake
- No login required
- Built-in video player
- Gives you the option to copy hashtags or captions
How to Use Repost IG InsTake to Download Pictures and Videos from Instagram?
A unique 2-step downloading process that makes it even more, more comfortable to download as many posts as you want.
- First Method – Open Instagram and click on the “Share Link” of the post you want to download. Then select InsTake Downloader to share. That’s it! The post is already downloaded.
- Second Method – Open Instagram and click on the “Copy Link” of the post you want to download. Then open InsTake Downloader and your post have been downloaded.
Insta Download by ZN Studio
Insta Download by ZN Studio is another useful free app, has no login requirement, and provides easy (2 steps) to download photos and videos. This app downloads photos and videos by using the link of the selected photo or video.
A unique feature that Insta Download gives to the users is that you can use this app to easily explore the files shared from your Instagram to Facebook or Twitter.
Features of Insta Download
- Easy sharing options of downloaded photos or videos on Facebook and Twitter
- No login required
How to Download Instagram Photos and Videos with Insta Download?
- Open Instagram and copy the link of the post you want to download.
- Open Insta Save, paste the link in the given box and tap “Check URL” this verifies if the link is authentic.
- Once the link is confirmed, you will have three options on the screen “Save Image,” “Save video,” and “Repost,” click on the one you desire, and it will be done.
So we have talked a lot about downloading photos and videos, but there is one more important feature, perhaps the most essential feature that we have not talked about, and that is Instagram stories. Due to their increasing popularity and wide-scale use, some third-party apps now also enable you to download Insta Stories. With over 10 million downloads and respectable 4.6 ratings, Story Saver surely deserves mention.
Although the app is free, however, it does require login. Thankfully, that has been made easy with just one click login via Facebook. Now you can download the photos and videos people upload in their stories as much as you want. Along with this, you can save these posts locally on your device, share the posts on Facebook and Twitter if you wish.
Features of Story Saver
- Ability to log in with Facebook or Instagram for registration
- Gives you the option to download Insta stories
- Various options to explore, delete or share stories on Facebook or Twitter
How to Download Instagram Stories with Story Saver?
- Open Story Saver app and sign in with your Instagram or Facebook account.
- Now, all you have to do is search for the profile whose stories you want to download.
- Find the story and tap on it get the options.
- Tap on one of the three “Repost,” “Save,” and “Share” options to get your desired outcome.
So far, we have covered all of the aspects of downloading your favorite photos and videos from Instagram on Android. However, have you ever wondered how we could download photos and videos from Instagram when we are logged on a PC?
So far, the only way is to log in on Instagram on Android, download one of the apps mentioned above and download the post. That is a very long and effort taking way, at least that’s what people who made Dinsta thought.
Dinsta is a website made specifically to cater to needs like this, and it is simple to use. Download videos and photos directly from your PC with no signup issues, everything free, and quick to get things going.
How to Save Photos and Videos from Instagram with Dinsta?
- Open the Instagram post you want to download and copy the link in the URL.
- Open Dinsta and paste the link, as shown above.
- Lastly, click go, and the post will appear with a download button. Just click it to download the post on your PC, and that’s about it.
You can visit the web app by following this link.