Snapstreaks is one of the features, if not the only, that keeps Snapchat users coming back to the app at least once every 24 hours.
That is because Snapchat requires a commitment where you and your friend are required to send a video or a photo snap to each other or a list of friends once every twenty-four hours.
The streak count increases with every passing day, making the Snapstreaks stronger. But if you or your friend forgot to send a snap within that period, then the streak will break.
Snapchat does show both it’s users an hourglass icon next to the username when streaks are about to be lost between you and your friend.
However, there are moments when life hits us, and we get so busy in our schedule, or sometimes we are out of internet connectivity that the streak breaks.
In those cases, Snapchat provides us with a contact form using which you or your friend can file an official request to restore Snapstreak.
Steps to Get Streak Back in Snapchat using the App
There could be various reasons behind the lost Snapstreak. And in most of the cases, we could not figure out why our streak disappeared.
Anyhow, whatever could be the reason, here are the steps that will help you recover your Snapchat streak within just half an hour.
Before jumping onto the steps, it is important to first find and note down the following information, as you are required to provide all the details to Snapchat to make your case stronger:
- Your email address is registered with Snapchat.
- Your mobile number.
- The brand and model number of your phone.
- Friend’s username with whom your streaks are broken.
- The precise date since the streak disappeared.
Once you have gathered all of the details as mentioned earlier, you can proceed to the steps:
- Open the Snapchat app on your phone.
- Log in to your account if you aren’t already.
- Tap on your profile icon.
- Tap the Settings cog located at the top-right corner.
- Scroll down until you find the Support section, and tap on the I Need Help option.
- Within the Popular Topics, you should find Snapstreaks. Tap it.
- A new page with the title I lost my Snapstreak should appear.
- Tap on let us know the link present in the second paragraph, as highlighted in the screenshot above.
- Contact Us page will open; from here, you will need to select the radio tab that says I lost my Snapstreak.
- Scroll down on the same page. There should be a form, as shown in the screenshot.
- Fill in all the relevant information as accurately as you possibly can, most of which you already noted down before beginning these steps.
- Once filled in, tap on the Send button.
- A confirmation page should appear telling you that Snapchat will send you an email along with the case number.
Now all you need to do is wait for an email from Snapchat, which usually arrives within an hour and sometimes earlier.
The email should look similar to the one shown in the screenshot above with all the details about the Snapstreak restore request.
Now, simply jump to your Snapchat and the streak should appear next to the name of your friend.
If in case, the streak doesn’t appear, then you may need to clear the cache. And in some cases, you are required to log out and log back in again.
You can even try sending a snap to your friend, and the streak should be restored.
How to Restore Snapstreak using Web Browser
If in case you don’t have access to your phone or are unable to open the support page from within the Snapchat app.
Then alternatively, you can fill the Snapstreak restore request form using the web browser too, even from your laptop.
- On your browser, go to the Snapchat support page.
- Under the popular topics section, click on Snapstreaks.
- A page with I lost my Snapstreak should open. In the second paragraph, there should be a let us know the link. Click that.
- That will open the Contact Us page. From the options, select the one that says, I lost my Snapstreak.
- On the same page, scroll down until you find the review request form.
- Fill in all the information, as it is important to provide all the details to make your case strong.
- Once filled, click on the Send button and wait for an email to arrive from Snapchat.
That is it. Your Snapstreak should be restored and you can verify this by logging back in to your Snapchat account on your phone.