In This Article
If you are looking for some quick and easy ways to root your Android devices without a computer then this is the right place, here we have a complete step-by-step guide on how to root Android without a PC or computer using one-click apps that will let you gain root access within a matter of minutes.
Before we jump into the guide on how to root Android phones and tablet devices without a PC, first we will let you know about the benefits of rooting Android devices and how gaining root access could help you unleash the true potential of your device.
Benefits of rooting your Android device
Here are some of the notable benefits you will get by gaining root access on your Android device:
- Uninstall bloatware/pre-loaded apps – With root access, you will be able to modify system files, which means you can get uninstall bloatware that comes bundled with your phone but you never use them. This will help you recover storage space and optimize your phone.
- Block advertisements – The majority of ad blockers for Android work pretty well only if they are granted root access to the system directory because that is exactly where they place the ad blocking files, which results in an advertisement blocking in all apps including games.
- Backup Android system and apps – Android by default create a backup of contacts and some settings but with root access, you will be able to create a complete backup of your Android including apps and app data, making it easy for you to switch phones.
- Endless customization – Root unlocks the capability to customize your Android device including software aspects like boot animations, home screen, and lock screen, removing data tethering limitations as well as installing an updated/latest Android ROM.
- Improved battery life – By uninstalling unnecessary apps from your Android device that constantly consumes your phone’s RAM and blocking tons of ads, you will certainly experience improved battery life. Above all, Greenify is well known for its enhanced power-saving feature.
- You can install custom ROMs. Custom ROMs are modified versions of the Android operating system that offer a variety of features and customization options.
- You can improve performance. Rooting your phone can sometimes improve its performance by freeing up memory and resources.
That is just the tip of the iceberg, if you want to know what else you will be able to achieve by rooting your Android device then we will recommend you have a look at some of the must-have apps for rooted Android phones and tablet devices. You will be tempted to gain root access on your Android device.
Without any further delay, let’s jump onto the tutorial on how to root Android without a PC…
How to root Android without PC?
There is not one, not two, but we have covered over five working ways to root your Android smartphone and tablet device without a PC. So the tutorials along with different methods you can use to root Android without a computer are as follows:
DISCLAIMER: Gaining root access on your Android device, in most cases, will void your phone or tablet’s warranty. And there is always a risk of soft bricking involved with rooting, which means your device will be stuck in the boot loop unless the software issue has been fixed. As a precaution, we will recommend you back up important data (like photos, documents, memos, and messages) before performing root. In case something went wrong, you will at least have a backup.
Risks Of Rooting An Android Phone
There are also some risks associated with rooting your Android phone:
- You could void your warranty. Rooting your phone may void your warranty, so it is important to check with your manufacturer before you start.
- Your phone could become unstable. If you are not careful, rooting your phone could make it unstable and cause it to crash or reboot.
- You could expose your phone to security risks. Rooting your phone gives you more control over your device, but it also makes it more vulnerable to security threats.
Keep these in mind and have a backup plan before you proceed and in case If you still have a problem then you should contact the nearest repair provider to fix your Android phone or tablet.
Five Ways to Root Your Android Phone/Tab Without PC
Developed by King Studio, KingRoot is well known for its capability to root a large number of Android phones and tablet devices without a PC. It is a go-to rooting tool for those who want to root their Android devices with just one click and the rest of the task is automatically managed by the KingRoot app and their cloud-based servers, where all the possible exploits are stored.
KingRoot, being an Internet-based rooting app, does not require you to get your hands dirty with third-party recovery tools. All you need is a KingRoot apk, an active Internet connection, and a compatible Android device. Once you have all those three things, simply install KingRoot app and follow the on-screen steps to quickly gain root access on your Android within a matter of minutes.
It is compatible with devices running Android 7.0 Nougat, Android 6.0 Marshmallow, Android 5.0 Lollipop, Android 4.4 KitKat, and other previous versions.
You can download KingRoot apk to root Android without PC and learn about its compatibility with different Android versions by going to this link.
How to root Android using KingRoot without PC?
Once you have grabbed the KingRoot apk from the above link, you can now proceed with the steps to root your Android with KingRoot app. We have a detailed step-by-step tutorial (along with annotated screenshots) to help every Android user in gaining root access on their Android device.
The guide on how to root Android using KingRoot app without PC is available here.
Nope, KingoRoot is not in any way linked with KingRoot. This is a completely different rooting software, which is developed by a different company. In case you are wondering, KingoRoot is developed by FingerPower Digital Technology. The app is popular for its high success rate with rooting a wide range of Android smartphones and tablets with different Android versions, making it a universal Android root software.
KingoRoot is a reliable and free app that can help you gain one-click root access on your Android devices within a matter of minutes. All this app really need is access to the Internet, then using the possible exploits stored in their cloud servers they provide you with a quick root access on your phone and tablet devices so you can root Android without PC.
Once your Android has been successfully rooted with KingoRoot, you will then be able to grant/deny root access to any app through the Kingo SuperUser access management tool, which is their very own root access manager.
This rooting app comes bundled with Kingo SuperBattery, which optimizes your Android device to enhance your overall battery life by closing unnecessary background apps along with the ability to boost the speed and performance of your phone.
How to root Android using KingoRoot without PC?
Rooting with KingoRoot is simple and very straightforward. Here are the steps you need to follow in order to gain root access on your Android using KingRoot without PC:
- Download the KingoRoot apk on your Android from their official website here.
- Install it on your Android phone/tablet device that you want to root.
- Launch the KingoRoot app and tap on the One Click Root button to begin the rooting process.
- You will now see a screen with overall percentage and progress where KingoRoot will connect to the Internet and executes rooting script to gain root access.
At this point, Google Play Protect may give you a warning about the installation of the SuperUser app. Tap on Install Anyway.
Once the root has been gained successfully, KingoRoot will show you Root Succeeded message.
You can now open the KingoRoot app and tap on the Go to Superuser button to launch the Super User app and manage all the apps with root access.
3. One Click Root
One Click Root is a renowned rooting app that provides you with a fast, secure, and easy rooting method to help you root your Android phone and tablet devices without a PC. The app has native support for thousands of Android devices and each one of them can be rooted with just one tap of a button.
One Click Root, being the most user-friendly Android rooting software, not only offers a quick root access solution but it also comes with an instant unrooting feature using which you can remove root access and get back to stock Android without leaving any footprint. This is what makes it one of the best apps to root Android without a PC.
This makes it one of the most preferred rooting options for those Android users who are looking for a way to make their device perform faster and better by removing bloatware and unnecessary apps to gain back a significant amount of storage space.
How to root Android using One Click Root without a PC?
You can root your Android using the One Click Root app without a PC by following the tutorial mentioned below:
- Download the One Click Root apk on your Android device from here.
- Install the apk on your Android device.
- Open One Click Root app and tap on the Root Device button.
- A recommendation to download and install NordVPN will appear, ignore it and tap on the Skip button.
- On the next screen, tap on the Scan Now button.
- The app will now scan your device and check its servers for the availability of any possible exploit that can be used to gain root access to your device.
- Once found, the app will begin the rooting process to gain root access on your Android phone/tablet device.
iRoot, which is also known as RomasterSU is one of the best one-click methods to gain root access on Android phone and tablet devices. It is designed by a Chinese company, which is the reason why you are going to find a lot of sections in the Chinese language. The app is slightly translated into the English language to help users in gaining root access without experiencing a language barrier.
It can help you root Android devices without a PC within a matter of minutes. However, you need to have active Internet connectivity. Since the iRoot app is completely automated, which makes it safe to use and help you root Android without any risk of bricking or damaging your device. It supports a wide range of Android devices including Samsung, Sony, HTC, Google, ZTE, and a large number of Android devices manufactured by Chinese brands.
However, iRoot is no longer receiving any updates so you are limited to rooting only old Android devices using this app. That includes devices running Android 2.3 Gingerbread to Android 5.1.1 Lollipop. After that, the developer stopped working on the software.
So in case you have any device running an old version of the Android OS mentioned above then you can give iRoot a try, this app might help you gain root access.
How to root Android using iRoot without PC?
The steps to root Android using iRoot without PC are as follows:
- Download the iRoot apk from here.
- Once downloaded, install the app on your Android device that you want to root.
- Launch the iRoot app and the startup page will show you your device model number along with a message that says, “No Root permission”.
- Tap on the Get Root Access button to begin the rooting process.
- The app will now check your phone/tablet details and communicate with its cloud servers to search for possible exploits to gain root access to your device.
- Once the exploit is found, iRoot will root your Android device within a matter of minutes and show you a Root succeeded message. Else, if the app cannot root your device then it will show you a Root failed message.
vRoot is another old one-click Android rooting app, which is believed to be safe and secure because of its ability to root your Android phone and tablet devices without any risk of bricking it. vRoot is old because it was designed to root Android 2.2 Froyo to Android 4.3 Jelly Bean but the app supported a wide range of devices including Samsung, Sony, HTC, Huawei, and some other less-known Chinese phones and tablets.
Regardless of the language and rooting method, both vRoot and iRoot are developed by a Chinese company. So in case you are uncomfortable installing these apps then we will recommend you to opt for other rooting methods mentioned in this article.
How to root Android using vRoot without PC?
Due to the similarities in vRoot and iRoot, the procedure to root Android using vRoot without PC is very much similar to the steps mentioned for iRoot above. Anyways, here are the steps you need to follow:
- Download vRoot apk from here.
- Once downloaded, install the app on your Android device that you want to root.
- Launch the iRoot app and tap on the I agree button.
- Tap on the Get Root Access button to begin the rooting process.
- The app will now check the details of your device and communicate with its servers to search for possible exploits to gain root access.
- Once the exploit is found, vRoot will begin rooting your Android device.
Other Apps To Root Android Without a PC
Apart from the latest Android rooting apps mentioned above, here are some of the outdated and obsolete apps that are suitable for older devices and can help you root Android without a PC.
The following apps no longer receive any update from their developers so some might work and others won’t.
- FramaRoot, more details about this rooting method are available here.
- Root Master
- Universal Android Root, also known as Universal Androot
- Baidu Root
- Easy Rooting Toolkit
Once you have gained root access, you can then use Android Root Checker app to check and verify if your Android device is really rooted or not.
Tips For Rooting An Android Phone
- Back up your data. This is essential, as rooting can sometimes go wrong and you could lose your data.
- Find out if your device can be rooted. Not all Android devices can be rooted, so check with your manufacturer or on a forum like XDA Developers.
- Choose a rooting method. There are many different rooting methods available, so do some research to find one that is suitable for your device.
- Use a trusted rooting method. There are many rooting methods available, but some of them are not safe. Make sure to use a method that is developed by a reputable developer.
- Read the instructions carefully. Rooting can be a complex process, so it is important to read the instructions carefully before you start.
- Be careful what you root for. Once you have root access, you can do a lot of things to your device, but some of these changes could be irreversible and some financial apps like banking apps might not work.
- Be aware of the risks. Rooting can void your warranty and make your device more vulnerable to security threats.
- Have a backup plan. If something goes wrong during the rooting process, you should have a backup plan in place. This could involve having a custom recovery installed or knowing how to flash your device’s stock firmware.
Overall, rooting your Android phone can be a great way to get more control over your device and access features that are not available to non-rooted users. However, it is important to be aware of the risks involved before you start.
So which of the above one-click rooting apps helped you to root Android without PC? Let us know in the comments down below about your device model number and Android version that you managed to root using our quick Android root method…