Have you ever thought about finding new friends and having a conversation with them using the chat room? Or maybe you are looking for a medium to network with new people from another part of the world to learn about their culture, language, or to find out people who are like-minded?
Chat room apps provide you the best medium to help you with getting connected to the right type of people without you requiring to share much of your personal details.
Chat room apps for Android are popular among those who are looking for a way to socialize and connect with new people from different parts of the world. These apps have continuously proved to help users in bridging gaps between two complete strangers as it works as open social networks, and then later turns them into good friend because they share similar interests.
Here in this article we have tried and tested many chat room apps, and have listed only the ones that will provide the maximum value while at the same time help you get connected to the relevant chat rooms where you can meet new people based on your geo-location and interest.
It is important to note here that since the apps featured in this list are community-based and comprises of public chat rooms, which are not usually regulated, so you may come across many fake people or profiles. That’s the only risk of being in a public forum or chat room.
#01 – Palringo: Group Messenger For Gamers
Are you interested in participating in the mobile gaming communities? Or, are you looking for dedicated gaming groups where you can find and chat with like-minded people from around the world?
Palringo is a popular group messenger app that let you search and join dedicated communities created by the users specifically for the discussion of different mobile games including the most popular Pokémon Go. 😀
The game community is like a chat room where you are allowed to discuss the game, participate in the public opinions, and even chat privately with your friends. There is also a group functionality, where you can add your friends and then play a wide range of games with them while having a group conversation.
- Join gaming chat rooms created by people from all over the world.
- Play games while having a group chat.
- Let you send multimedia messages like pictures and audio recordings.
- Allow you to create your own group or chat room.
- You may experience occasional connection error.
- Lack of proper customer support.
#02 – Camfrog – Group Video Chat
Camfrog is a popular and widely used video chat room based community where you can have video conversations with millions of users who are active from all around the world. The app is compatible with multiple platforms including Android, iOS, Mac, and PC, which allows more people to get in touch with each other.
With this app, you can search and browse through thousands of chat rooms created by people from every part of the world. You are free to join any chat room and have a video chat with the participants.
- Cross-platform and compatible with Android, iOS, Mac, and PC.
- Room browser where you can search or browse through thousands of active chat rooms.
- You can have a live group video chat with hundreds of active members of the chat room.
- Ability to add friends to your Camfrog contact list.
- The recent update changed the whole user interface making it hard to use.
- Some features require you to have a pro version.
#03 – BAND: Group & Communities
Are you a part of team organizer or a group manager? Or maybe you are looking to join a chat room based community related to your hobby?
BAND group and communities app would be the best bet for you as it is designed to help you organize your private group or discover and join new groups according to your interests. The app not only limited to groups, there are thousands of open forums and chat rooms related to your favorite topics like sports, gaming, food, travel, relationship, fashion, fitness.
You can even join chat rooms, forums, and local communities based on your location so that you can get in touch with your locals in your country or those who are located nearby you and can become a part of public meet-ups.
- There are thousands of chat rooms to choose from including game, food, travel and leisure, fitness, sports.
- Easy to use for the management of a private community or a group of people, and stay in touch with everyone.
- Ability to share files, calendar events, create a poll, share photo albums, and chat with the members.
- Groups can be accessed easily from the smartphone, tablet, or even a computer with an active Internet connection.
#04 – LINK: With People Nearby
The Link is designed to help you to be connected with the people and chat rooms that are located within your city or country. You can easily browse and search for the chat rooms based on the categories of your interest as well as your geographical location. And if you find any that interest you then you can simply request to join it.
The app is not only limited to chat rooms and groups, you are even allowed to connect with the people privately so that you can easily initiate a private conversation with them. Whether you are in a chat room or a private one-on-one conversation, you are allowed to express yourself using various media items like photos, audio, and videos
- Join chat rooms or connect with people based on your geo-location and interest.
- Connect to the people you share a mutual interest with.
- Share pictures, videos, and audio while chatting in a chat room.
- The app has been outdated for almost a year so you may encounter issues.
- The chat rooms and communities are poorly managed.
#05 – Moco: Chat & Meet People
Moco is being used by millions of people from all around the world which gives you the wonderful opportunity to get connected with new people, make new friends, be more social, and you can even play multiplayer games with them.
There are hundreds of forums and chat rooms that you can join according to your interest and share your personal opinion with the rest of the world. You can even search for people using the filters like age, gender, and location so that you can connect with the right person.
- Chat rooms to get in touch with a lot of people and share your opinions.
- Join groups or start a private conversation.
- Make new friends and play multiplayer games with them.
- You can personalize your messages using emoticons, themes, stickers, fonts, and colors.
- Sometimes the app will show you a lot of annoying and pop up advertisements.
#06 – Coco
Coco is basically a free calling app that allows you to call all over the world but there is a socialization feature that helps you get connected with the people and groups that are located around you. You can even join public chat rooms from within the app and let you get in touch with the new people globally.
If you have found a new friend then you can easily stay connected with them and get the private conversations started using the features like instant text and push-to-talk voice message. The coco’s mission is to provide a platform that removes boundaries and help the people find each other without any limitations.
- Get connected with people using the features like Nearby Groups, Winks, and Shake Shake.
- Join public chat rooms or create one to attract new/likeminded people.
- Share your recent happenings and interact with your friend’s updates using Moments.
- You might come across bugs or compatibility issues because the app has not been updated for the past few months.
#07 – Nimbuzz Messenger
Nimbuzz messenger is one of those apps that has been available for past several years and has managed to help countless people from all over the world to make the connections swift and easy. With time, the developers have managed to keep the interface and feature updated with latest functions like free calling, group chat, file sharing, avatars, games.
Out of all the features, the most important and the highly used one is the chat room because it helps you discover new friends who share similar interest as you. Moreover, mixing the chat room with instant messaging opens up a wide range of possibilities i.e. the ability to share your personal opinions as well as media files publicly with the like-minded people.
- Cross-platform app compatible with almost every platform including Android, iOS, Microsoft Windows Phone, Blackberry, Symbian, Java, Mac, and Windows.
- Ability to find and discover chat rooms related to your interest.
- Express more with photos, documents, music, and videos.
- Chat room commands like Boost, Room Shield, and Super Kick requires you to purchase Nimbuzz coins.
- Some recent updates make it hard to establish stable connections with the server.
#08 – BeeTalk
BeeTalk is a great app that provides you with a chat room like atmosphere as it features club and forum within the app. The club section let you create as well as join clubs that are around you, chat with the people who share same interests. You can even use BeeTalk Live to discover and join people who are live streaming from any part of the world.
Similar to the club, there is forums section too where you can share and discuss your opinion on a wide variety of topics that matches your interest. This will also help you find and meet those people with matching interest and make them your friend.
- Club allows you to create new clubs or join any existing clubs created by people near you.
- You can share your opinion and discuss any specific topic by joining forums.
- Meet people and be friends with people through BeeTalk Live.
- Moderators follow some strict user banning rules.
#09 – MeetMe: Chat & Meet New People
MeetMe provides you with the best medium where you are free to share and discuss your interests with people from all over the world. There are more than 100 million people using the app, which increases your chances to discover and meet some like-minded people from any part of the world.
There are not many limitations on the usage of the app so that you can freely chat with people, make new friends, and then eventually meet them. All because of this social app. The discuss tab comprises of several topics including movies, music, partying, food, sports, leisure. Joining the room that interests you the more will help you find relevant people.
- Discuss section allows you to find topics relevant to your interest, where you can share and discuss a wide range of topics.
- Ability to find strangers, make new friends and chat with them.
- MeetMe allows you to find and discover new people that are located near you.
- Might be hard to discover genuine profiles using the discover feature.
#10 – Viber
We all know that Viber is a popular communication and messenger app that allows you to stay in touch with your friends and existing contacts via calls, messaging, and video chat.
But apart from these usual messaging features, what many people don’t know is that Viber allows you to actively participate in public chats. You can search, find, and discover dedicated chat rooms for various topics from around the world. You can share and exchange views with the people participating in the chat room.
- Find trending topics and chat rooms using the Discover chat feature.
- Share, exchange and learn about people’s opinions on your topics of interest using the Public Chat room.
- Skout: Best For Anonymous chat.
- SayHi: Best For chatting with people in your city.
- WeChat: Chat with best around the world.
Which Chat Room App Is Your Favorite?
Which chat room apps have you tried? Do you have any favorite community or chat room app that helps you in getting connected with the right type of people?
Please let us know in the comments down below, we would love to hear about them! 🙂